Showing Posts With:

HOYA (Student Project)


Designed by Danbi Yu, South Korea.

HOYA-Japanese restaurant, take away, redesign.

This is a redesign project from my university. HOYA is a famous Japanese restaurant near some universities in Seoul, Korea. Most customers are university students, but the design of the restaurant is quite old, and it doesn't look good, so I redesigned it. I tried to make it simple with colourful patterns which don't usually remind people of Japanese patterns. This was because I wanted to make the different design from common Japanese restaurant designs that people can easily find around them. I used various colours for young people, and the motive of the pattern is a pattern of salmon(I just simplified it).

Additionally, the design is environmentally-friendly. I used Eco papers and minimized the use of glue for the environment. I made holes on the carrier bag as you can see, and they can save space for packing foods as well. Besides, because of those holes, a lot of papers that were used to make the bags can be saved, and a shape of the bag looks very unique. Furthermore, when you finish eating, you can reuse the packages as a pencil box or storage space.














4 comments: HOYA (Student Project)

  1. These are really cute! They give the so-university feeling. The colors are attractive too, if I came across such packaging on street, I'd definitely turn to look again

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much !! I just read this comment. Sorry for my late reply.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love this! It reminds me of bento. The colors are the attention grabber, not to mention nice design.

    ReplyDelete

STRICTLY NO SPAM. Tell us what you think about this packaging project. No external links allowed, all comments with links will be marked as spam.